Sunday 6 October 2013

Dish Tv Set Top Box Reset

You crashed here may be because your Dish TV set top box(STB)crashed on you!

Something same happened to me and i had to shell out 170 INR for so called "Software Update" to official service ENGINEER to press two buttons for 30 seconds.

So, let me save your precious bucks!

The symptoms

When you power on Dish TV STB, it doesn't shows anything on tv screen. The GREEN status light turn on for 2-3 seconds and then everything goes dead.

Possible Solution

A Picture says thousand words.. Here you go..!!



You have to Hard reset your STB. For that you have to press POWER (@) and UP(^) buttons in your STB for approximate 30 seconds.

When you press these two button, the status LED will start blinking.

After 30 seconds you have to turn off the power of STB without releasing these two buttons. So you may need another buddy to help out there.

And you are done. If it is still DEAD, its time to call service center.

P.S. - Follow instructions at your own risk. ;)


25 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot Sunil.....you are star....GOD bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alot.. Saved my day & Money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a LOT...., Dish TV is looting us for small issues like this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot bro u save my 200 rs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much...Sunil for solve issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks bro... you are a genius... saved my money

    ReplyDelete
  7. U r rock sunil. Otherwise shubhas chandra looting us ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thaks you very much.. It's works..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thaks you very much.. It's works..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks its working it saves my 300 rupees.
    Last time for same problem Dish tv guy taken from.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Solution.. Kar Kar Le koi Jugad .. Great Indians .. Jai ho

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks bhai now its working fine other wise they loot lot of people....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Man. :)
    Excellent stuff. You are champ.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great, I had same issue and it got fixed now. Thanks for saving 200 bucks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have same problem but mine is new stb which is not having arrow key, kindly sugget.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have same problem but mine is new stb which is not having arrow key, kindly sugget.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have reset my STB box but now saying no signal please help

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is any channel are coming on my dish tv HD Decoder. Only upgrading softwares without any result
    How to fix the problem pls give me gud solutaion
    I m not in india

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same problem.. No arrow key.. Only power key is present in my stb..plz tell how to fix the problem..?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear sir
    Mere dish tv proper on ho rha hai but on hone k baad blank screen with dish logo aa rahi, menu button blink ho rha but lnb set up ni khul rha
    Dish nxt hd box hai D 7000

    ReplyDelete